1. Lessons are available in violin and piano.
2. Lessons are offered with the option of 30 minute or 60 minute weekly time slots.
3. Lesson fees are billed monthly do not include the cost of books. Once an appropriate level has been determined, it will be required that the student bring the required books to the lessons.
4. Should I have to cancel a lesson for any reason, a make-up lesson will be scheduled or credit will be applied towards the following month. Should the student have to cancel a lesson, 24 hours notice must be provided to the teacher in order to schedule a make-up lesson. Each student may request up to 1 make-up lessons per term (See number 7 for more details) and the time must be agreed upon by the teacher and student.
5. Rescheduling of lessons other than by the teacher will not be permitted.
6. The Teaching year commences the first Tuesday after Labor day in September and ends the last day of June. A week off will be given during the Christmas break, and a week off during March break. Students are expected to complete the full term of lessons.
7. The Teaching year is divided into two terms: September to January and February to June. Summer lessons are available for more advanced students, or candidates for Royal Conservatory exams. If another arrangement has not been made by me, lesson tuition is payable by post-dated cheques or e-transfers. For new students, Payment for the fall term is due on July 15 to secure your spot, for returning students the payment for the fall term is due by the first lesson on August 10. All cheques must be dated a month in advance by the 20th of the previous month. Cheques for the Winter term are due December 10.
8. As your time is reserved, lessons must be paid for whether or not they are attended, the teacher is not obligated to make up unattended lessons regardless of the reason. Time lost due to lateness on the part of the student will not be made up.
9. A late penalty fee of $15.00 will be charged monthly on overdue accounts.
10. One month’s written notice is required before the termination of lessons.
2023-2024 Key Dates
September 5, 2023 - First day of lessons
October 9, 2023 - Thanksgiving Monday - No Lessons
December 22, 2023 - Last day of 2023 Lessons
January 8, 2024 - First day of 2024 Lessons
February 19, 2024 - Family Day No Lessons
March 11-16, 2024 - March Break - No Lessons
March 29,April1, 2024 - Good Friday and Easter Monday - No Lessons
May 20, 2024 - Victoria Day - No Lessons
June 28, 2024 - Last Day of lessons